Saturday, November 28, 2015

Muhamarra dip


I made this dip and asked my friends at office and home to taste. I told them this does not have onion, tomato, ginger or garlic. So guess what it is made up of. Yep they could not guess it but loved the taste. I enjoyed watching them tickle their brains. And since they loved it so much and asked me so many times, I did share my secret..hehe

I know it is not much of a secret in the food blogging world, it is fun to share none the less..

I was simple amazed by the lovely red colour of this dip! With few healthy ingredients you have a yummy dip ready in no time.  It tasted heavenly with a toasted bread. Do give this recipe a try if you have not already made it.


Muhammara is a red pepper and walnut dip which originated in Syria. It is one of the most popular dips in Middle Eastern Cuisine. This is a very simple dip and one just has to blend the ingredients to a paste.
1 big red bell pepper
1/2 onion
1/4 cup olive oil
1/4 cup bread crumbs
Handful walnuts
1-4 tsp red chilly powder
1/4 tsp cuminseeds
Lemon juice
Salt to taste

Roast the bell pepper on slow fire till completely charred.
Let cool.
Scrape off the charred skin.
Wash the pepper and chop it roughly.
Blend the bread crumbs in a food processor, adding a little water and making a purée.
Sauté the onion till golden.
Now add these onions to the bread crumb puree .
Also add the walnuts, pepper,chilly powder, cuminseeds, lemon juice , salt and olive oil.
Blend it to a smooth paste adding olive oil as needed to get the right consistency.
Serve as a dip with pita, wedges, chips or as a spread over a toast. It can also be served as a sauce with kebabs.


 
Lets check out what my fellow marathoners have cooked today for BM# 58.


9 comments:

  1. Very catchy and super attractive dip,my fav..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks vibrant and delicious....all I need is a slice of bread!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very tempting....interesting addition of breadcrumbs in a dip.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is looking so interesting and quite new for me. I am sure gonna try this .

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a creamy & delicious red pepper sauce. So yummy!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is one creamy and colorful dip.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow this dip sounds awesome..I am sure this makes a great sauce to add in pasta as well!

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback/comments are most welcome..

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...